Operations lies at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we take is driven by our customers, as meeting their expectations is one of our core values. The engineering teams in our Fulfilment Centres (FC) are responsible for providing both a reactive and pro-active maintenance service on all operational equipment as well as act as a leader in making impact on the customer experience.
As Amazon Operations continues to grow in EU, we are looking for top talent to join us and drive our success as well as their own careers. At the moment we are looking for talented engineering technicians, supervisors and managers.
Depending on the specific role you are considered for, responsibilities may include:
The Maintenance Technician carries out multi-skilled electrical and mechanical activity on shift and can affect how quickly issues are resolved; this can have a significant service and business impact during peak times. High performing equipment ensures that our customers receive their parcels on time and in perfect condition. Within a typical FC the Maintenance Technician will work on equipment such as: multiple receive lines, pick towers, tote conveyance, multiple pack lines, automated sorters, hundreds of pack stations, dozens of applicators and various pick carts, stow carts, etc. The Maintenance Technician works also on Planned Preventative Maintenance, continuous improvements and root cause analysis.
Senior Maintenance Technician
The Senior Maintenance Technician will take responsibility to lead Maintenance Technicians and deliver solutions for challenging problems. He or she is able to manage outside contractors, be on call for emergencies if needed, handle multiple projects and daily activities, as well as meet tough time lines. The Senior Maintenance Technician will develop plans on how to accomplish engineering departmental goals, prepare appraisals for Maintenance and Facility Technicians as well as work on the team’s continuous improvement.
A Maintenance Manager for Amazon leads the site Engineering and Facilities Teams in providing both a reactive and pro-active, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the FC. The Maintenance Manager promotes Health and Safety awareness, ensures compliance with Amazon policies and guidelines and creates and manages Engineering and Facilities budget. He or she will work closely with other departments in the FC.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Full engineering apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
· Multi-skilled in both electrical and mechanical discipline.
· Experience of conveyor and/or mechanical maintenance.
· Able to fault find on electrical/pneumatic systems.
· Preferably experience working on PLC programs.
· Ability to step up to the role of the Senior Maintenance Technician.
Additional requirements for the Senior Maintenance Technician role:
· Supervisory experience with the ability to step up to the role of Maintenance/Engineering Manager.
· Experience of working to appropriate health and safety standards and regulations.
· Ability to prioritize and manage resources under high pressure.
· Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
Additional requirements for the Maintenance/Engineering Manager role:
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability in a fast paced environment.
· Significant practical engineering experience, including managing people.
· Experience in creating and managing a budget.
· Excellent customer facing skills/customer focus.
What we offer
Amazon offers a competitive salary, stock units and other excellent benefits. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the world's leading online retailers.
Please submit your application in English and indicate your preferred location(s). Only qualified candidates will be processed further if there is a fit with the current or future openings.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Multi-skilled Engineer, Engineering, Technician, Shift supervisor, Shift Manager, Maintenance, Electrical Technician, Mechanical Technician, Service Engineer, conveyors, PLC, robotics, apprenticeship, NVQ, HNC, HND, City and Guilds. Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Fitter, Refurbishment Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, Shift Technician, workshop manager, mechanical engineer, installation electrician, electrical engineer, plant engineer, plant engineering, service technician, engineering manager, facilities manager, production engineer, engineering technician, engineering team, shift engineer, maintenance team, Equipment Technician, workshop manager, Electrical Controls Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, HVAC Engineer, Process Engineer, Mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, motor controller, inverters.
Informace o pozici
- Jihomoravský kraj
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Benefits: Company catering, Refreshments on workplace
- Listed in: Electrical and power engineering, Civil engineering and real estate trade, Mechanical engineering
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Zaměstnavatel